On Tuesday, anime of Junji Ito’s Uzumaki horror manga streamed a new teaser video of Adult Swim. In Video they reveals that anime will be delayed to October 2022. Director of anime Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi, Flowers of Evil) explains the reason why anime is is being delayed , and previews a clip from the opening scene of the anime’s first episode. Nagahama also hints at more unannounced staff members for the anime.
Uzumaki Horror Anime’s cast includes:
- Uki Satake as Kirie Goshima
- Shinichiro Miki as Shuichi Saito
- Toshio Furukawa as Kirie’s Father
- Takashi Matsuyama as Shuichi’s Father
- Mika Doi as Yukie Saito
- Mariya Ise as Azami Kurotami
- Katsutoshi Matsuzaki as Katayama
- Wataru Hatano as Okada
- Tatsumaru Tachibana as Tsumura
- Kouichi Toochika as Yokota
- Ami Fukushima as Shiho
- Gen Sato as Boy 1
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Boy 2
- Anna Nagase as Girl
- Kōsuke Okamoto as Attendee 1
It is said that this anime will have 4 episode and will be released on Toonami. Anime was orginally set to have debut in 2020 but was delayed .Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi) is directing the mini-series at Studio Drive. Production I.G. USA and Adult Swim are co-producing the anime. Colin Stetson (Hereditary) is composing the music.
The manga inspired a live-action horror film starring Eriko Hatsune and Fan Fhi in 2000.
Source: Adult Swim’s YouTube channel
More Anime News
- Kaiju No. 8 Becomes The Fastest Shonen Jump Plus Manga.
- Ace of Diamond Manga Takes Two Month Break.